ADSM-L

Re: Status of 3.1.2.40 OS/390 Server

2000-04-06 05:07:08
Subject: Re: Status of 3.1.2.40 OS/390 Server
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:07:08 +0100
Thomas,
Have been running ADSM 3.1.2.40 on OS390 2.4.0 for a year with no significant
problems.
John

Gary Ison <Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US> on 05/04/2000 19:10:51

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: John Naylor/HAV/SSE)

Thomas,

        Other than a bug in the expiration code that can (rarely) lock up
the server, I found no problems with the code during the better part of a
year.  We just upgraded that version to Tivoli 3.7.20.0 this past weekend
and it is performing just as well as the 3.1.2.40 version (the bug is still
present and should be fixed in a future release, to quote IBM/Tivoli).

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>