ADSM-L

Re: tape libraries

2000-04-05 16:51:18
Subject: Re: tape libraries
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:51:18 -0400
It's reasonable to set mount retention to 5 minutes or so.
As to why reclamation is reluctant to release a tape until it finishes
with it, I don't know why, I just know it's so, at least on some
libraries.  i don't hink it has anything to do with mount retention - I
think it's more like TSM wants to finish a complete tape before it sets
aside its reclamation process for the higher-priority restore.

But I'm just speculating as to why.  Maybe somebody else can enlighten
us.

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris