ADSM-L

Management Classes

2000-04-04 16:55:20
Subject: Management Classes
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:55:20 -5
WHile talking with our local IBM *SM expert, I told him (if we
purchase *SM) we would want to use multiple management classes (in
one domain) for the file systems from a host.  Each filesystem has
different policy needs.  He STRONGLY suggested that we NOT do this.
He said the problem is that, on the *SM server,  there is no way to
determine what management class a file belongs to, which will cause
great confusion.  He suggested that I use separate domains (with only
one management class - default) for each filesystem that needs
different policies.  And, to do this, will require separate *SM
clients on the computer per domain.

Is this correct?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

THanks

Rick