ADSM-L

TSM 3.7 initial configuration error - help please

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: TSM 3.7 initial configuration error - help please
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,
I installed TSM on a test server (OS: NT4.0) .  I ran into some DHCP issues
on the test server and after fixing the problem, I uninstalled TSM and then
did a re-install.  Did not get any error messages during the uninstall or
the re-install.
Now, I'm getting the following error when starting the TSM server during the
initial configuration process:
ANRU1119E A problem was encountered while interpreting TSM admin results.
The wizard will not continue.  Please report this to TSM technical support.

As directed by the manual, I checked the following files: initsrv3.log and
cfgsrv3.log.  I found this error:
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recover log volume.

Checked the Messages manual and the user response is: Ensure that all
defined database and recovery log volumes are available for use by the
server.  (I did create both db and log volumes during the first install).

However, this has me confused since I uninstalled TSM.   Shouldn't the
uninstall have severed any connection between the db and log vols that were
created in the first install?  What are my options?  Any suggestions/help
would be greatly appreciated.

Marita Gonsalves
Information Services Consultant
http://web1.caryacademy.pvt.k12.nc.us