ADSM-L

TSM-400, 3590

2000-04-03 21:23:34
Subject: TSM-400, 3590
From: "Rafael J. Goldschmidt" <rafagold AT ARNET.COM DOT AR>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:23:34 -0300
 I submited a backup to run at 5 AM, and put a new scratch tape,
initialized,
 in the 3590.  The system submitted the message: Mount 3590 tape
 SCRATCH...etc.etc. but it did not notice that the tape was there, in the
 drive.  The mounting of the tape was not automatic, I had to issue the
REPLY
 command.  This happened with no tape in the storage pool.  Afther this, I
 issued another backup, the tape was there, in the drive and existed in the
 tape storage pool, and the system did not ask me to mount it.  Then I tried
 to reproduce the original error and I made it: I deleted all the tapes, and
 discarded the data on them, I ran the backup and again, the system asked me
 to reply.  But when the tape exists already, the system does not ask me for
 a reply.  What about a second tape?

 Has anyone experience with this?

 Saludos / Regards / Au revoir

 Rafael J. Goldschmidt -
 Elcano 5039 (C1427CII)
 Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires - Argentina
 Telefonos: 54-11-4421 4782
 Internet: rafagold AT arnet.com DOT ar