ADSM-L

FW: Onsite Merge Script

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: FW: Onsite Merge Script
From: Slaughter, Bill
To: 'adsm (LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU)'
I had a few people ask me for the script for reclaiming tapes so here it
is.

This is the script that issues move data commands. I have one for each
Library (Different run schedules and parameters).

You will need to provide your own configuration variables for adminid and
adminpass so don't run it as is.

You will also need to configure the line that contains the following:

        pct_reclaim
                (I suggest starting high 95 and working toward 80 )

        devclass_name
                ( mine are STK and Q47 )

        last_write_date
                ( Change the 14 to avoid churning your tapes) i.e. start
high and work your way low.

You can run it out of cron when you have a low activity period for your
automated library.

If you move an "OFFSITE" tape with move data ADSM will locate the files on
the Onsite tapes on the primary storage pools. The results are that you
have
less offsite tapes.