ADSM-L

Re: MKSYSB Failure After TSM Install

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Re: MKSYSB Failure After TSM Install
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Joshua,

I would say based on the message that your problem is "device or address
does not exist" for rmt0 ... You say that rmt0 exists according to lsdev
but AIX doesn't seem to think it does. I suspect that some process has the
mt0 device open causing the problem.

I would then run "lsof" against the devices to determine if some process
has the devices open.

I would then run "rmdev -dl mt0" and "rmdev -dl rmt0" and comment out tsm
from the inittab.... reboot. After reboot do rmt0 and mt0 get recreated ???
I would then test rmt0 using "tar" initially.

After that I would open a support call.

regards Tonyr

"Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM> on 30/03/2000 17:01:14