ADSM-L

Re: exclude.dir on UNIX

2000-03-30 17:13:09
Subject: Re: exclude.dir on UNIX
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:13:09 -0500
>         To verify the exact order all Include/Exclude directives a re being
> processed in, enter the command "show inclexcl" in the command line client
> window.  This may shed some light on the subject - at least you can tell how
> *SM is looking at the directives.  The command "show options" will also
> provide additional data such as where the dsm files are located and backup
> domain lists (this is a bunch of output so you may need to re-size your
> window).

Well, it fairly clear that in my case, TSM's dsmc program is ignoring my
exclude.fs.  Here is my /etc/adsm.exclude file:

exclude /.../core
exclude /var/adm/log/adsm.schedlog
exclude.dir /u/tkssteve/.netscape/cache
exclude /root.b/.../*
exclude.fs /root.b
exclude.fs /u.b
exclude.fs /util
exclude.fs /termutil
exclude.fs /source
exclude.fs /acsu
exclude.fs /entire
exclude.fs /home/staff
exclude.fs /termtemp
exclude.fs /mailRestore

...and the show inclexcl
(4:28pm)[rexx]{~}> sudo dsmc -se=aix
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 7, Level 1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

tsm> show inclexcl
Node Name: REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Session established with server ADSM_AIX: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.42
  Data compression forced off by the server
  Server date/time: 03/30/00   16:28:52  Last access: 03/30/00   14:04:03

Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)
---- --------- -----------------------------
Excl Directory /u/tkssteve/.netscape/cache
Excl Directory /u/tkssteve/.netscape/cache
Excl All       /root.b/.../*
Excl All       /var/adm/log/adsm.schedlog
Excl All       /.../core
tsm>

Did the exclude.fs syntax change from 3.1?  There are no complaints in
dsmerror.log...

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)