ADSM-L

Re: 3570 Tape drive configuration

2000-03-29 09:26:04
Subject: Re: 3570 Tape drive configuration
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:26:04 -0500
Also:
Try this on your command line:
select LIBVOLUMES.VOLUME_NAME, LIBVOLUMES.STATUS FROM LIBVOLUMES WHERE
LIBVOLUMES.STATUS='Scratch'

>>> Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM 03/29/00 09:12AM >>>
Have you checkin tapes to library?  Were these tapes labeled ?  If so, what
status did you check them in as ?  If you haven't checkin some tapes as status
scratch that is your problem .... Regards

Larry Way
SL09/100D
408-743-4242  Voice
408-690-2327  Cell
408-743-4201  Fax

>>> jmouzon AT yahoo DOT com 03/29/00 05:37AM >>>
Ladies and Gentleman,

Can you please help me with this one. I am new to
ADSTAR and AS/400.  I just got hired one as a System
Administrator/in training.  To my knowledge they have
had ADSTAR V3.1 installed on the 400 but it has never
worked correctly.  I got it setup to where client data
is backing up correctly.  My PROBLEM is when I migrate
off to tape it gives error messages and fails.  The
messages are that no scratch volumes are available.  I
have the 3570 tape drivce auto configured on the 400
with the 3570 broken into two parts.  The first drive,
which is the right most 10 Cartridge slots are setup
as TAP04. This is used for our weekly FSB.  The second
left most 10 Cartridges are setup as a library.

The settings are as follows:

Device Description: TAPMLB02
Option            : *BASIC
Category of Device: *MLB
DEVICE CLASS      : *TAP
Resource Name     : TAPMLB03
Device Type       : 3570
Device Model      : B12
Online at IPL     : *yes
Resource Allocation: *JOB
Intial Mouint wait time: *JOB
End of volume mount wait time: *JOB
Generate Cartridige Id's: *volid
ROBOT DEVICE CONF. : *none

ADSTAR setup is as follows:
3570_TAPPOOL3   STGPOOL
  3570_TAPECLASS3  DEVCLASS
    TAPMLB02        Library
Automated Library settings:
 Library Name TAPMLB02
 Library type AS400MLB
 Drive select. AS400MLB
 MLD          TAPMLB02

It has MAX SCRATCH volumes= 100

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE MY PROBLEM MAY BE??????????

Thanks
Jamie Mouzon
jmouzon AT yahoo DOT com