ADSM-L

ADSM/TSM BSDI, Linux and Data-Ontap clients

2000-03-28 12:20:20
Subject: ADSM/TSM BSDI, Linux and Data-Ontap clients
From: John Schneider <jdschn AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:20:20 -0600
Greetings,
    I have a customer considering TSM who has a variety of NT and Linux
servers, and also a BSDI Unix server, and another with an OS called
Data-Ontap.  So my obvious questions are:

1) What happened to the Linux client that used to be on the Tivoli ADSM
web site?  It used to be there, but I can't find it anymore.

2) The Web sites don't have a BSDI Unix client for ADSM or TSM.  Is
anybody backing this up, and if so, how?

3) What is Data-Ontap?  The customer claims it is the actual OS, not
just an application running under something else.  I'm sorry, I don't
know what the hardware platform is.  Has anybody heard of it?

By-the-way, I tried to check for archives about this at ADSM.org, but
the site is not responding.  Does anybody know what is up with it?  Has
it moved?  I checked TSM.org, but it is a site for a product called
Total Shop Manager!

TIA,

John Schneider

* John D. Schneider   Email: jdschn AT attglobal DOT net * Phone: 636-349-4556
* Lowery Systems, Inc.
* 1329 Horan                  Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are
* Fenton, MO 63026                   mine and mine alone.