ADSM-L

Re: Help on Backing Up Clustered Disks or Why are disks not

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Re: Help on Backing Up Clustered Disks or Why are disks not
From: France, Don (Pace) [SMTP:don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Gary,

Arturo has provided the essence of your answer;  specifically, see the
README files for ADSM (the 3.1.0.7 or later) client on NT MSCS. We've been
using it since December, and it works fine... just be careful to follow the
instructions in the README, and *note* the APAR info in the beginning that
indicates two new parameters, /CLUSTERNODE:YES and /GROUP:XYZ, must be
specified on the "dsmcutil install" command --- AND there is a new CLUSTER
parameter that must be in the dsm.opt that is applicable to for the
node-name backing up the cluster.  BTW, the "gotcha" Arturo referenced did
not occur for me; I defined the needed services and simulate failover with
no re-boots at all!

Your specific question about drives (not being visible) is simply that the
default DOMAIN option is "ALL-LOCAL" --- and the cluster-aware *SM client
knows it's the cluster that owns the disks not the NT-machine.  Hope this
helps clear your confusion.

Regards,

Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.