ADSM-L

Re: Invalid Object Header Encountered

2000-03-27 12:00:14
Subject: Re: Invalid Object Header Encountered
From: VoAn Nguyen <vanguyen AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:00:14 -0500
Hi Michael,

This could be the problem described in APAR PQ31769:

==============
 PROBLEM SUMMARY:
 * USERS AFFECTED:                                              *
 Users of ADSM servers which service no query restore request
 from backup/archive clients.
 * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:                                         *
 During no query restore operations, the restore may
 fail with an ANR9999D SMNQR(235) Invalid Object Header
 State in retrieve operation for session.....

 A logic error occurred in the server did not reset
 certain control information following a sink error.
 As a result the above message was issued due to the
 object header size being incorrect.

The 3.1.2.55 level does include the fix for this APAR.
You can download the fixtest from the ftp site:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/ntsrv/3.1.2.55/

Regards,

Vo An Nguyen
Email: vanguyen AT ca.ibm DOT com

Michael Hack <hackmich AT MAINSTOR DOT DE> on 03/27/2000 12:14:50