ADSM-L

Re: Backup using a tape library in ADSM

2000-03-27 09:55:32
Subject: Re: Backup using a tape library in ADSM
From: Larry Way <Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:55:32 -0800
Yes you can ...Regards

Larry Way
SL09/100D
408-743-4242  Voice
408-690-2327  Cell
408-743-4201  Fax

>>> andyy AT REALVISION.COM DOT HK 03/27/00 02:46AM >>>
Dear all,

   Is it possible to schedule backup data to backup to a specific
volume. I am using a HP's tape libiary and I need to backup monday datat
to tape 1
tuseday to tape 2 ...etc .  Should I configure them in the policy
domain?
    I was thinking of the following method,
1.    Configure 6 schedule, schedule 1 for backup monday data, 2 for
backup tuesday.....,etc. Schedule 6th for backup sat. & sun's data.
2.    Each schedule backup to specific volume, i.e. specific tape.
    If the above configure is possible, pls show me how to configure for
backup in specific volume.
Thank you very much.

Regards
Andy Yeung.