ADSM-L

Re: STK 9840 and TSM 3.7

2000-03-23 10:13:42
Subject: Re: STK 9840 and TSM 3.7
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:13:42 -0600
Everything I have done has been in test.  I have been able to get 49 GB/hr
for stg backups and migrations, which is great.  Note you might get this for
large file backups to tape but if you have to backup file servers to tape it
will slow down because of shoe shinning.
I have not yet run reclamation.  Have you hear of any problems there?

I have found that we are getting 2 : 1 compression even with the latest
drive that boosts 5 : 1 compression.   Before you ask we aren't compressing
at the node.  The only compression being done is at the drive.  In fairness
our tests have been with file servers.  These servers have millions of small
files which may not compress as well.  You may get 5 : 1 if you have large
DB files.

Kyle