ADSM-L

Re: Recovering files from destroyed tape

2000-03-22 20:26:13
Subject: Re: Recovering files from destroyed tape
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:26:13 -0800
Yes.  I recommend you do a Query Content (stand back its a lotta data!!)
to disk or the following select command

select distinct node_name,copy_type,filespace_name from volumeusage
where volume_name='YOURVOLID' order by node_name

to cut down on the number of lines you may want to use only distinct and
node_name or if Ihave it wrong say distinct node_name,distinct
filespace_name and leave out the copy_type.

Or you may want more granularity by getting a list of all the files
but I can't find that one just now.

and THEN do a delete vol xxx discardd=yes

sad but try you have to delete the missing data before it will attempt to
back it up again.
                     .. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley