ADSM-L

FW: SQL Database locked after backup

2000-03-22 12:03:51
Subject: FW: SQL Database locked after backup
From: "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT GUARDIANIT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:03:51 -0000
Hi, gang:

> We have a client server running MS SQL
>
> NT4 (Service Pack 5)
> SQL 7 (Service Pack 1)
> TDP for SQL Version 1 Rel 1
> adsm server is 3.1.2.1
>
> During a scheduled FULL backup of all databases, the backup session hung
> on a database. Howvever, the session did not time out or terminate.
>
> The following night the database backup did not execute. The NT service
> for scheduling the SQL dB backup was then stopped/started.
>
> Subsequent FULL backups have been sucecssful with the exception of the dB
> that the earlier backup had hung on.
>
> Now nothing can access this dB and the Microsoft Enterprise Manager says
> that it is locked by a backup process. The process cannot be killed.
>
> Is it possible to unlock the dB without rebooting the NT server or
> bouncing SQL ?
>
> tia

The information contained in this email is confidential
The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. Guardian will
accept no responsibility or liability in respect to this
email other than to the addressee.

notify us immediately by telephone at 44 (0) 1932835900
or by email.