ADSM-L

Why is there data in the copypool when the primary is empty

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Why is there data in the copypool when the primary is empty
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have recently updated our config so that we amalgamate number of storage
pools
into one.  ALL The data in the previous storage pools was moved via the MOVE
DATA command to the new storage pool.

With the storage pools empty I assumed that the data in the copy pools would
be
redundant and the tapes would expire. This is not the case.

Reclamation of the copy pool  is simply moving the data to a smaller number
of
tapes.

A BACKUP STG command does not execute as there is no data remain in the
storage
pool to copy.

An AUDIT VOLUME also has no effect.

It appears to me that my only option is to delete the volume which is ok but
should not have to do this.

Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there a gap in my ADSM
knowledge?

Peter Griffin
Zurich Financial Services Australia

--------------------
"This email is intended for the named recipient only.  The information
"This email is intended for the named recipient only.  The information
contained
in this message may be confidential, or commercially sensitive.  If you are
not
the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the
email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in
reliance
on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
immediately.  Please delete this message from your computer."