ADSM-L

Re: Can v3.1.2.20 server handle WIN2000 client?

2000-03-20 09:52:00
Subject: Re: Can v3.1.2.20 server handle WIN2000 client?
From: Larry Way <Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:52:00 -0800
Works fine with W2K Professional ...We use it here without any issues

Larry Way
SL09/100D
408-743-4242  Voice
408-690-2327  Cell
408-743-4201  Fax

>>> SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM 03/17/00 03:10PM >>>
In article <OF85582CF4.BE72F571-ON862568A5.007B4413 AT na.jci DOT com>,
"Brazner, Bob"
<Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM> says:

>Can ADSM v3.1.2.20 server handle Win2000 client?
>
>Bob Brazner

Hello Bob

I do not really know the answer to the above question. But I would
assume that it will work if you are not using a windows 2000 server with
any of the new features turned on such as active directory. The readme
says that version 3.7 clients should work on ver 3.1 except for new.
features not included in the 3.1 server.
You want to pick up the latest fix test level and not  use the ga or
ptf 1 level of the code. Unless ptf 2 or ptf 2 fixtest comes out soon.

In the case of
active directory and some of the other new system state stuff, it
appears that tsm does not handle them period. I am hoping that
I.../T.... will have a (test) or production client at the ptf 2
level soon, that will add these features. Maybe at the end of the
first quarter, which ends in two weeks.

len