ADSM-L

Re: How to give different MVS dsn for primary and copy tape pool ?

2000-03-17 10:01:45
Subject: Re: How to give different MVS dsn for primary and copy tape pool ?
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:01:45 +0100
Hi Paul,

you have to define a new DEVclass, which has another prefix for the dsn.
The you have to redefine your pool with this new Devclass.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungen
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    Paul Van De Vijver
                    <Paul.Van.De.Vijver@HON        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    DA-EU.COM>                     Kopie:
                    Gesendet von: "ADSM:           Thema:  How to give
different MVS dsn for primary and copy tape pool ?
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    17.03.00 14:52
                    Bitte antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi all,

When I do 'Backup Stgpool' then the dsn automatically created in MVS
is exactly the same for the 'Copy storage poolvolumes' as for the 'Primary
storage volumes'
i.e. 'ADSM.BFS'
I would like to have another dsn for the 'copy storage pool volumes' this
because we then can
automatically 'eject' those copy volumes from our robot to bring them
offsite.

ADSM Server OS/390 (MVS) V3.1.2.40

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,