ADSM-L

Re: Checkin libvol swap operand

2000-03-16 09:39:14
Subject: Re: Checkin libvol swap operand
From: Larry Way <Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:39:14 -0800
You have two choice here...First, you can do a checkout libv and then run the
checkin libv command.  Second, you can take the 3575 library offlice, open side
door and physically remove a tape and replace with the tape you want checked
in.  Then when the library is brought back online it will do its inventory and
then you must run your checkin libv ...

Hope this helps

Larry Way
SL09/100D
408-743-4242  Voice
408-690-2327  Cell
408-743-4201  Fax

>>> steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU 03/15/00 02:58PM >>>
Hi all,

I'm struggling with a full 3575 library, and tried to use the swap operand of
the checkin libvol command to add some required tapes, but I got

adsm> checkin libvol 3575lib1 search=bulk status=private checkl=barcode swap=yes

ANR2020E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Invalid parameter - SWAP.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

using the windows admin client v 3.1.0.7

I've never used this operand before.  Is anyone using it successfully? on a
3575?

Steve.

This email message has been swept by MIMESweeper
at The Wesley Hospital