ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS Exch

2000-03-16 07:37:30
Subject: Re: TDP for MS Exch
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:37:30 -0500
Joel,

This shouldn't be related to anything with TDP for Microsoft Exchange.

I don't work on the base client code, so I am not sure of the current
issues with the performance counters under 3.7.

I did find APARs IC24370 and IC25335, that address performance
counter issues.  IC25335 says in its conclusion:

  COMMENTS: Please see the closing remarks for V3.1 IC24370.
  In TSM Version 3.7, the performance monitor function is still
  inactivated, pending a redesign (if it is possible) so
  that other performance monitoring tools such as Netfinity
  do not cause TSM to have this problem. The remarks for IC24370
  apply in V3.7 as well.
  It is a suggestion for a future release to try to redesign
  and reimplement the function so that it will work when
  outside performance monitors are also in use.

(By the way, the TDP for Exchange level you should be using is 1.1.1.01.
That is IC25816...so I think you just misquoted the level number.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler