ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:32:29
 Well,  (yes I'm getting slow in  my old age) getting around to =
performing
upgrades to TSM 3.7

This might have already been touched on...

ADSM with the server-to-server license allowed for virtual volumes for =
what
ever use...

now in the new TSM if your virtual volumes are data base backup volumes
and/or copy storage pool volumes you must have the DRM license...

I think this is a little low budget... I've got about a total of 7 GB =
of (10
year archive data) across 12 adsm servers where I have copy storage =
pools on
different servers... mixed-n-matched all over the place... and now I'm =
going
to have to pull those copy storage pools back onto the same server !

I don't use DRM 'cause we have our adsm servers located remote to the
clients they backup already...
and I'd just do this remote copy storage pool so we would have the data
basically in 3 locations... on the client, on the remote adsm server =
(which
would be the client's primary server) and on yet another remote adsm =
server
just for grins (and to make the lawyers happy) and now ARGH !

Well, I guess we could spend TONS of $$$$ for a license that we =
wouldn't use
99% of its functionality...

OK, I'd better shut up before I get kicked off the list for my whining =
:-(

later,
        Dwight

BP-Amoco