ADSM-L

TSM 3.7.1 AIX Backup Client

2000-03-15 09:28:55
Subject: TSM 3.7.1 AIX Backup Client
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:28:55 -0500
I just loaded up the 3.7 AIX backup client on a test machine yesterday, and
noted the following during a very brief look at it:

     - the client options wizard issued a 'invalid option specified' when
attempting to use the EXCLUDE field.  We
     entered the following:      *:\...\cache*\...\*         When we edited the
option file manually, the syntax worked fine.

     - I realized after finishing with the client options wizard and signing on
to the client, that we did not get a prompt
     in the wizard to include the 'passwordaccess generate' option.   Why not?

     - the client command of 'q opt' no longer exists?  Was it replaced with
something similar?  How can the client
     view all options affecting his session otherwise (including server
options)?

Has anyone opened an ETR on any of this yet?

                              Thanks,

                              Ginny