ADSM-L

Re: Can u assign 2 tape libraries to 1 seq storage pool?

2000-03-15 02:29:44
Subject: Re: Can u assign 2 tape libraries to 1 seq storage pool?
From: Larry Way <Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:29:44 -0800
Yes, you will need to do more than that...You will need to identify a whole new
library to your current configurastion.  I'm assuming here you have the 3575
Library installed.  We currently run the configuration you are going to except
we are running ADSM Server 3.1.2.50.

Larry Way
SL09/100D
408-743-4242  Voice
408-690-2327  Cell
408-743-4201  Fax

>>> gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM 03/14/00 10:15PM >>>
We are currently running TSM 3.7 on AIX.. We have 3 storage pools (disk)
migrating onto a single sequential storage pool (a magstar 3570). We are
adding a 2nd Magstar 3570.. It looks like we have to create a 2nd sequential
storage pool for the 2nd magstar and can't assign both magstars to a single
storage pool. Is this true or am I missing someplace to do this?

If we have 2 sequential storage pools, we'll have to decide what the "next"
storage pool is for our 3 disk storage pools. I.e. assign 2 to the first,
and 1 to the second. Is there a way to assign 2 tape libraries to a single
storage pool? Thanks!

Gerald