ADSM-L

Out of memory error

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Subject: Out of memory error
From: Bob Stoller [mailto:stoller AT WASHBURN DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am new to ADSM and wonder if any of you can help with the
following error:

dsmc> incremental -subdir=yes /home
Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.1
  Data compression forced on by the server
  Server date/time: 03/14/00   09:20:44  Last access: 03/13/00   15:56:14

Incremental backup of volume '/home'
ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended.

Total number of objects inspected:        1
Total number of objects backed up:        0
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:        0
Data transfer time:                    0.00 sec
Network data transfer rate:            0.00 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:          0.00 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:04:00
dsmc>

What does "out of memory" mean in this context?  Does it
really mean memory, or disk?  Is it memory on my client
or my server?

Any hints appreciated.

Bob