ADSM-L

Script Questions

2000-03-14 10:44:00
Subject: Script Questions
From: "Dana Mitchell;" <Dana.Mitchell AT ING-DM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:44:00 -0600
Hello,

I am working on scripts to perform my daily storage pool maintenance.  They
consist of a backup stg command, backup DB, Prepare, update stg to start
migrates, etc  and I have a couple of quesitons.

I found examples in the manuals how to code IF statements to check the
outcome of a command, and branch around in a script.  What I would also
like to do is to send a message to the outside world somehow that a
particular command failed.  WTO, message in the activity log, anyting to
get the word out.   Any suggestions or hints.

Also, after I converted several discrete administrative command schedules
into a daily script, I also notice that any other administative commands
using the same ID would be 'missed' if their window was while a script was
running doing other tasks.  My question is how can I see if there is a
script running currently?  I have seen the message in the activity log when
a script starts and ends, but is there a display or query command that can
show what script and ID is running now?

Thanks in advance
Dana Mitchell
Equitable of Iowa