ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:32:29
We are thinking of implementing disk storage pools for "small files" so =
that
restores during a disaster scenario are quicker.  This would involve =
adding
some extra disk stgpools into the hierarchy and tuning the maxsize
parameter.  Migration of these extra pools would not occur.

We already use collocation, however we are still unable to restore 350
clients using 21 mount points (3590 drives) within our recovery time
objectives.

I have spoken to some other ADSM users and they all seem to look at me =
in a
rather strange way when I tell them what we are thinking of doing.  =
Does
anyone use disk for permanently storing "small file" primary storage =
pool
data?  If so, how low do you set your maxsize parameter.  Apart from =
the
cost I can't think of any other disadvantages.  Copy storage pools are
implemented to protect against disk failure.

Richard.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only
for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Neither
Vertex Data Science Limited nor any of its subsidiaries
will be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed
on, or arising from alteration of the contents of this
message by a third party.

Vertex Data Science Limited (England and Wales No. 3153391)
registered office Vertex House, Greencourts Business Park,
333 Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5TX