ADSM-L

Question on export/import & 9840 tapes.

2000-03-11 12:40:55
Subject: Question on export/import & 9840 tapes.
From: "Jones, Bernard" <bernard_jones AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:40:55 -0500
Hello Everyone:

A few questions,

1) has anyone used export/import to create a new ADSM server on MVS (OS/390)
??  I need to create a new ADSM server on my MVS Lpar to help with workload
balancing.  I think the only way to do this is by using export/import.  Just
wondering how this can be done and where I can find documentation on how to
perform this task.

2) I'm also in the process of using 9840 tapes under ADSM for the first
time.  Has anyone implemented 9840 long-tapes under ADSM ???  Was the
implementation process difficult ???  And again is this documented anywhere
??

Any/all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernard A. Jones