ADSM-L

Re: NT Client Service install

2000-03-10 10:15:20
Subject: Re: NT Client Service install
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:15:20 MST
If that is your exact syntax you used the problem is you forgot a
colon.

/name'SERVER_NAME' should be

/name:'SERVER_NAME'
    ^

%1 is the first argument for a command.

From: William R Zehnder <wzehnder AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: NT Client Service install
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:51:51 -0600

When installing an NT scheduler service using dsmcutil -

dsmcutil install /name'SERVER_NAME' /password:xxxxx
/clientdir:c:TSM_DIRECTORY

I recieved the following error -

ERROR 0193 %1 IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS NT APPLICATION.

The server is 3.1.2.50 (AIX) and we just installed version 3.7.1.03 on
the NT client (4.0 sp5).
I checked the dsmcutil.txt file and all the necessary dll's and exe's
were installed.  I also check Microsoft's page and their explanation of
0193 is -

193
         %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
                                                  ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT