ADSM-L

volume label

2000-03-09 17:04:09
Subject: volume label
From: Tony Jules <JULEST AT OLYMPUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:04:09 -0500
I have 2 ADSM Servers, one on AS/400 and another one on AIX. They are both
attached to the same 3494 library. I need to be able to label volumes for the
AIX system by specifiyng a range of tape to label so that I can keep the AS/400
tapes from the AIX tapes. The command I am using is :

label libvolume aixlibname status=scratch

somewhere within that command, I also need to specify the VOLRANGE parameter so
that I can tell the system which tape to label. How do I do that?

I thank you for your time.

Tony Jules
Olympus America Inc.
ITS Department