ADSM-L

Problem with LINUX client 3.1.0.7

2000-03-09 13:15:41
Subject: Problem with LINUX client 3.1.0.7
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:15:41 +0100
Hello,

we are using the unsupported Linux client 3.1.0.7 and getting three problems:

1. Expiring of backup versions of still active data on the client.
   During scheduled incremental backup we see expiring backup versions of
existing files. The next incremental will see the active file and will do a
backup, but there was no reason for expiring the backup.

2. The modification time of restored directories depend whether the files under
   this directory changed after backup of directory file. In this case the
restored directory has the actual restore time not the original time.

3. Setting TCPWindowsize seems to be a problem. We get always some message
   stating that TcpOpen(): Warning. The TCP window size defined to ADSM is not
supported by your system.
 It will be to set default size - 65536
Even using no definition and thus using the default will give us this warning.

I am expecting that the next (official and supported) version of *SM for LINUX
will not have these nasty bugs, but when ???

Thank you for listening
Matthias

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de