ADSM-L

DFS bak and buta utilities

2000-03-09 11:04:09
Subject: DFS bak and buta utilities
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:04:09 -0500
Hi All,

     Can anyone help me esteemed colleage with the questions below
concerning backing up DFS filesets via buta?

Please be sure to include Stephen on any replys:

>   I have a couple of questions about the ASDM buta utility for DFS.
>
> 1.  Does the "bak" database still need to be backed up, or is all the needed
> backup information recorded on the ADSM server?  (This implies that during
> disaster recovery, we don't have to worry about reloading the bak server's
> database ("bak restoredb") before doing "bak restoredisk" commands.)
>
> 2.  If the "bak" database does need to be backed up, how should we do
> that?

TIA!

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)