ADSM-L

Network Free Rapid Recovery?

2000-03-08 18:17:31
Subject: Network Free Rapid Recovery?
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:17:31 -0800
According to Tivoli's website, TSM 3.7 now supports:

Network-Free Rapid Recovery: supports high-speed client data recovery direct
from a tape or CD-ROM, which minimizes recovery time by eliminating the
usage of network and central services resources.

I've searched through various redbooks and so forth for information on how
to implement this but came up dry. Assuming I have a fairly typical TSM
server setup.. Say a backuppool of disks which migrates to a tapepool of
tapes.. And now I have a client box that I wish to create a set of tapes for
that contains all it's data such that I can restore it direct from those
tapes and not via the server/network . . . how is this done? Is there a
document or can someone point me in the right direction?  Appreciate any
info!

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions