ADSM-L

Is problem in my adsm server???

2000-03-06 18:13:50
Subject: Is problem in my adsm server???
From: Julie Xu <j.xu AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:13:50 +1000
Dear all,

Accently, I found a strange thing:
adsm> q proc

 Process Process Description  Status
  Number
-------- -------------------- -------------------------------------------------
     297 Migration            Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files: 0,
     297 Migration            Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files: 0,
                               Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable

                               Waiting for mount point in device class 3590TAPE
                               (59 seconds).

adsm> q mount
ANR8331I 3590 volume B019 is mounted R/W in drive 3590DRIVE (/dev/rmt0),
status: DISMOUNTING. ANR8334I   1 volumes found.

actually, it is mounting the B019 not dismounting!!

adsm> q mount
ANR8330I 3590 volume B019 is mounted R/W in drive 3590DRIVE (/dev/rmt0),
status: IN USE. ANR8334I   1 volumes found.

After the "dismounting", the tape b019 mounted.

I do not think I have the problem before. And I do not think we did any thing
related to upgrade or installation during this two months? Why the adsm server
does the strange things?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu