ADSM-L

DSMCUTIL not creating registry keys on INSTALL

2000-03-05 23:35:07
Subject: DSMCUTIL not creating registry keys on INSTALL
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:35:07 -0500
Windows NT workstation 4.0, SP5.
*SM client 3.7.1.0

The client was installed and the workstation rebooted. Then to install the
scheduler service I ran the DSMCUTIL command:

DSMCUTIL INSTALL /NAME:"TSM Central Scheduler Service" /NODE:ntpc3426
/PASSWORD:**** /CLIENTDIR:<dir> /OPTFILE:<dsm.opt> /AUTOSTART:YES

The command completes and the service starts. Checking the dsmsched.log file
I have the following:

03/05/2000 23:14:43 Querying server for next scheduled event.
03/05/2000 23:14:43 Node Name: NTPC3426
03/05/2000 23:14:43 Please enter your user id <NTPC3426>: Scheduler has been
stopped.

If I manually run the DSMC.EXE and do a query command..like...Q FI I get
prompted:

Please enter your user id <NTPC3426>:

I hit enter and get asked for the password.

Now if I restart the scheduler service, it connects up and gets the schedule
just fine.

Any ideas why the DSMCUTIL INSTALL won't create the keys????

Thanks,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.