ADSM-L

Re: Backup of Raw Partitions

2000-03-03 15:18:50
Subject: Re: Backup of Raw Partitions
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:18:50 -0500
> I have two questions.  First does ADSM support backup and restore of AIX raw
> filesystems?  We would like to place Oracle in Raw filesystems but we need
> to ensure we can backup the files with ADSM before we do this.

You might want to check on SQL-BackTrack or Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle.
Both provide functions such as hot backups and block-level incremental backups
for Oracle databases, and both are capable of sending backup data to an ADSM
server. As far as I know, both use Oracle facilities to extract data to be
backed up, so I would expect them to work even with the Oracle database on raw
logical volumes.