ADSM-L

Re: q volume vs q libv

2000-03-02 15:01:49
Subject: Re: q volume vs q libv
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:01:49 -0600
     The q volume only shows you the tapes adsm is using, full or filling.
     These tapes show up as private in the q libvol output.  The tapes with
     a scratch status are empty tapes.
     Jim Sporer

Subject: q volume vs q libv
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at IPNET
Date:    3/2/00 1:57 PM

The results from the 'q volume' command don't make sense to me.  Why would
it show all of the tapes as either full or filling but when I do a 'q libv'
I see lots of scratch tapes.  Does the scratch status on 'q libv' mean it
has room for more info on it or is it 100% scratch.  The results contradict
each other and I would like to know which one is the more accurate
representation of our tape storage pool.

TIA
Susan Wright
Lab Safety Supply
Janesville, WI 53546