ADSM-L

AW: Sharing tapedrives between several adsm servers ???

2000-03-01 03:49:35
Subject: AW: Sharing tapedrives between several adsm servers ???
From: Andreas Rensch <RenschA AT ALTE-LEIPZIGER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:49:35 +0100
Thanks for the information. But the suggested solution is that, what i want
to prevent. We have 4 ADSM servers on 1 LPAR and my idea was that I set a
global device class with a mountlimit of 8, so that each server can take the
tape drives which he wants to take. Currently we set the mountlimit of each
server to 2, although sometimes some drives are not allocated and a server
could use all of them (if the mountlimit was higher).

I think the best solution would be 1 "masterserver" which has all of the
tapedrives with a mountlimit of 8 (all drives) and the "slaveservers" can
use the drives out from this "tapedrivepool". Any idea?

mfg / regards

andreas rensch / rz-qs
tel : +49(0)6171 66 3692 / fax : +49(0)6171 66 7500 3692 /
mailto:renscha AT alte-leipziger DOT de
Alte Leipziger Lebensversicherung aG - Alte Leipziger Platz 1 - D 61440
Oberursel - http://www.alte-leipziger.de

It's a little known fact that the Dark Ages were caused by unresolved Y1K
issues.