ADSM-L

AW:

2000-03-01 02:51:02
Subject: AW:
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:51:02 +0100
Hey,

wait a second (it is always a good idea
to wait a bit before doing just anything)
before you kill the adsm server as you were
recommended to do.

The risk with killing is this:
I can remember there is a setting in ADSM Server,
although I forgot the related command,
which can set default rights to the default console.
I guess this can be done by changing the
rihgts to the special admin SERVER_CONSOLE.
If your predecessor used it, than you can end
with restarted ADSM and functioning console window
without admin rights
and with connection lost to eventually previously opened
(I mean just n_o_w running) admin sessions.

Simply go to the console and - assuming
the console does have admin rights
and you have physical access to the console -
and define new admin with new passwd.

If the console does not have amdin rights, check
for currently active admin sessions (q ses),
go to workstation where such session is running,
and define new admin.

If the console does not have admin rights,
try login (with dsmadm)
with default administrator name and password,
as documented in installation guide (i believe
it is there). As far as I remember
ADMIN and PASSWORD is
initial administrator, but check the documentation first.

If it does not work, try to search for any adsm related scripts.
They might contain dsmadm commands with admins uid and
password explicitly stated.

Or maybe you will find an administrators password encrypted
and directly usable on some workstations with either
native or http admin gui installed.

bye
Juraj Salak