ADSM-L

Re: Q EVENT question

2000-02-28 12:02:54
Subject: Re: Q EVENT question
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:02:54 -0800
One word :   Unix continuation character.   Oh OK so that's 3!

The first / in /tmp is signalling a continuation character to the shell
(you didn't say unix but it looks that way.)

I'm not sure what fixes it.  a \ (backslash) to cancel the slash or put it
all in quotes.  (If its not unix then just put it all in quotes.
.. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley