ADSM-L

Re: Netware hangs

2000-02-28 09:32:37
Subject: Re: Netware hangs
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:32:37 +0000
Barry,
Thanks for the info.
Its nice to know you are not alone.
John

Patterson Barry J <patterson.bj AT MELLON DOT COM> on 28/02/2000 13:33:02

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: John Naylor/HAV/SSE)

There is/was a problem with the TSA410.NLM in SP7 for Novell that seemed to
cause those hangs.  We are still testing SP8a to see if they have fixed the
problem, but ADSM hanging right after the "connecting" message was
definitely what we saw.  It isn't a consistent thing... just happens every
so often.  I know I have a server to look at tonight because of the same
problem.  :P  (If I can, I'm going to try to get SP8a on it tonight and have
it rebooted to see if the problem reoccurs.)

Barry

Barry J. Patterson, CNE         All views expressed are my own and not
Mellon Bank, NA                 necessarily shared by Mellon Bank.
Patterson.BJ AT Mellon DOT com
412-236-0984