ADSM-L

Reclamation Pool

2000-02-25 03:03:30
Subject: Reclamation Pool
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:03:30 -0800
I?ve spent a fair amount of time looking for into on how to determine how
much disk space one should use for a reclamation pool. Currently we
allocated two 9GB drives to create a 16GB filesystem which is used by TSM as
a sequential file devclass. It seems like overkill though. Currently only 4%
of it is being used although TSM creates volumes and deletes them as needed
during reclamation (1 GB scratch volumes.. max scratch of 18).

What do I need to consider to size this properly? I would like to use this
space elsewhere but not quite sure by reading all the redbooks what is
appropriate.

Greatly Appreciate the help!

-Gerald