ADSM-L

Re: ADSM to be or not to be

2000-02-23 12:42:10
Subject: Re: ADSM to be or not to be
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:42:10 -5
On 23 Feb 00, at 16:17, Robinson, Cris wrote:
> final thought...
> If you go to Arcserve, good luck there!, or legato and such you will have to
> change the backup platform. If you are ready to do that anyway why not port
> *SM to the new platform and see how it goes before investing in a new
> product. Again, what is the tape storage media?

We currently run Legato for Unix backups and Archserv ror NT and
Netware backups.  Were currently doing a proof-of-concept pilot to
evaluate *SM as a replacement for both.

Just a different perspective!

Rick
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Ohio Edison Co.       p: 330-384-4904
                      f: 330-384-2514