ADSM-L

Re: aix file size >2GB

2000-02-22 17:53:36
Subject: Re: aix file size >2GB
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:53:36 -0500
Sure, I do it all the time...
I can't remember any issues to be concerned with at your level of code

I'm even running my aix adsm server with larger than 2GB db, log, and
storage files ;-)

OK, one thing... the "fsize" in /etc/security/limits has to be increased for
any user wishing to allocate a file over 2 GB
I think the base default fsize is only about 1 GB
Make sure root has either a -1 or a fsize greater than or equal to the fsize
of any user... this way when/if root is restoring a client's file he (root)
will be able to allocate the file big enough for adsm to put the data back
into it.

and for those who on an aix server are going to switch to over 2 GB files...
also remember to do this 'cause if you run dsmfmt and specify over 2GB the
error you get (or used to get) doesn't jump right out and say your fsize
isn't big enough... (gives something wierd that really isn't the case...
this is how I remember its an fsize problem :-O )

later ,
          Dwight