ADSM-L

Re: SQL to list all deleted files for a particular node?

2000-02-22 12:07:20
Subject: Re: SQL to list all deleted files for a particular node?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:07:20 -0500
Eric,

If your users don't want any protection  against accidental deletion, why
not just change the verdeleted and retonly parameters to the lowest values
allowed?  This is a policy question.  Either they want protection from
their own mistakes and will pay for it, or they don't.

Perhaps you could do a one time cleanup by making a new domain with 'quick
purge' values in the copy groups.  Update the nodes to use the new domain
and run exp inv.  Then update them back to their normal domains, with the
policies set to something they are willing to pay for.

You are right about the deficiencies in *SM regarding the administrators
inability to force the cleanup of a set of trash files which no one wants.

--