ADSM-L

Problems with Sun Client

2000-02-22 10:14:56
Subject: Problems with Sun Client
From: Bob Booth <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:14:56 -0600
Does anyone know what to do, when the Sun client ignores the domain
list, and the client 'objects' in the scheduler?  We have had continual
problems with our Sun boxes backing up NFS mounted filesystems, not
everytime, but some of the time.  These are small machines with large
NFS mounted filesystems, so a backup that should take 20 minutes, takes
4 hours, and does nothing but fill up the activity log with unaccessable

file messages.

Both the domain list and the client 'objects' have these file systems
listed:
"/  /usr  /usr/local  /var  /opt"

The NFS filesystem is mounted at /home.

The server is AIX ADSM 3.1.2.50
The client(s) Solaris 5.5.1 ADSM client version 3.1.0.5

Any help out there?

Thanks