ADSM-L

SQL to list all deleted files for a particular node?

2000-02-21 19:24:56
Subject: SQL to list all deleted files for a particular node?
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:24:56 -0600
     Hi: has anyone coded a SQL statement that will produce a list of file
     names (with directory paths) that are the deleted files for a
     particular node?

     SELECT filespace_name, HL_name, LL_name FROM backups
     WHERE
          node_name = '....'  and
          for each set of records with matching filenames there is no
                record with status = 'A'
     (and eliminate duplicate file records from output)

     The reason I need this list is to help client customers clean up their
     backup occupancy.  I have many who deleted files to save on backup
     bills only to discover the last version of the deleted file hangs
     around for awhile.

     More troubling, once a file is deleted I cannot find a way to rebind
     the inactive version at the server.  I'd like to optionaly be able to
     rebind deleted files on a node to a management class with NO VERSIONS
     RETAINED so the last version will go bye bye.

     I would use this list to generate one byte files to be added to the
     appropriate directories.

     Then run a backup with include statements for the same files to put
     them into the NO VERSIONS RETAINED mgt class.

     Then run a batch job to delete the files again.

     then run a backup to get rid of all the deleted file versions at the
     backup server.

     Or is there a better way?

     Thanks.

     Eric Lewis UW-Madison