ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Client Sessions

2000-02-21 13:39:17
Subject: Re: Multiple Client Sessions
From: Mooney Mark <Mark.Mooney AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:39:17 -0500
        We have 3 3590 drives, What kind of improvement could you expect to
see on typical fileserver data?

        Thanks!
        Mooney

        From:   "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU> on 02/21/2000
13:30
        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU@SMTP@Exchange
        cc:

        It is possible with ADSM, it just isn't automatic.
        You can start the ADSM client as many times as you want - just click
the
        icon.
        Start a backup of your C: drive on one session, a backup of D: with
the
        other.

        You can also start as many command line sessions as you want; and
you can
        install multiple instances of the scheduler service, each targeted
for a
        different backup.

        Same with restores, you can start as many as you want.
        Now it's harder to get much benefit from the trouble you take doing
this, if
        you only have one drive.

        And with restores, it doesn't help things much to start multiple
restores is
        all your data is on one tape!

        Wanda Prather
        The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
        443-778-8769
        wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

        "Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think"
-
        Scott Adams/Dilbert
        Scott Adams/Dilbert

11:27:25