ADSM-L

Question: Rebinding specific files to another mgmt. class

2000-02-17 19:19:07
Subject: Question: Rebinding specific files to another mgmt. class
From: Eduardo Martinez <emartine AT MX1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:19:07 -0600
Hi everybody.

I'm  backing up some filesystems and DB2 on an AIX machine with retain
policies of 90 copies of each file.
Now, I want that to rebind some files (and DB2) backed up 5 days ago to a
different mgmt. class with very different retain policies, but only those
of that day, not all the files before nor after.
I know that I can change the default management class to rebind the files
to a new mgmt. class, but this means that I can't do a selective rebind of
the files I want.
Does anyone know how to do this?
The files change every day, and I must not lose those files after 90 days.
Thanks in advance.

Saludos/Regards

José Eduardo Martínez Cordero.
System Management Controls.