ADSM-L

ANS2000I message

2000-02-15 12:47:13
Subject: ANS2000I message
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:47:13 +0000

ADSMers,
We have been testing ADSM client 3.1.08 on our Netware 4 boxes, to get over a
problem where unloading a hanging adsm scheduler was causing the box to abend.
It seems to have cured this problem on the box we are testing on, and we are
ready to roll it out, but we are seeing in the error log a number of instances
of the message

 ANS2000I Unable to convert file names because MEMORYEFficientbackup option is
on

Having looked in the dsm.opt this option is on, but before switching it off I
need to have
a better understanding of what the message is telling me.
I think we had the option switched on from the days when the netware boxes were
not very
powerful and that they actually performed backups better with it set on.
Do people out there now run with it off generally?
Also what it is trying to convert and will it cause us any problems.

Thanks for any input
John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group